- Plant beets.
- Plan to cook a meal featuring beets once a month (or once a week!) Invite your friends and neighbors. Talk about where all the various parts of your meal came from.
- Learn a new recipe with your kids. Help them to prepare a meal or part of the meal.
- Look for and attend OVOC events around town, cooking demonstrations, discussions, community
- potlucks, and more on our community calendar on our website.
- Consider joining a group that is learning about or working on food issues in our community.
(Restaurants, Businesses, Faith Communities, Civic Organizations)
- Plant beets. They will grow well in containers of rich soil in front of your business or meeting place.
- Consider planting a community garden together, to share or donate the harvest.
- Find ways to feature beets in fun ways in the work you already do,
- a weekly special at your restaurant,
- hosting a book or film discussion, or
- a feature on your website.
- Plan a meal with co‐workers. Or, volunteer to cook a meal featuring beets at a soup kitchen.
- Your business or organization will be listed as a One Vegetable One Community Sponsor
- on our website,
- and in publicity for OVOC events.